Weekly flights to Beijing, China.
Beijing previously known as Peking, is the capital city of the People’s Republic of China. We’re sure you knew that, but did you know that it is home to the longest wall in the world, as well as the largest palace in the world? Being China’s second largest city after Shanghai, and dominating the north of China, there is a lot going on in Beijing. Here are 10 interesting facts for if you’re already planning your trip to Beijing, or if you’re just starting to think about it.
- Beijing is home to the world’s longest wall.
- Beijing’s Forbidden City is the largest palace in the world.
- Beijing is, obviously, the best place to try the famous Beijing duck.
- Beijing’s most popular souvenirs include calligraphy brushes and ink pads.
- Beijing was the capital of 6 notable dynasties and governments.
- Beijing will be the first city to host both the Summer and Winter Olympics.
- Beijing Municipality has a population of almost 20 million people
Places to Visit
- Forbidden City ( the Imperial Palace )
- Tiananmen Square.
- Great Wall at Badaling, Juyongguan, Mutianyu, Simatai and Jinshanling.
- Summer Palace ( Yiheyuan )
- Temple of Heaven ( Tiantan )
- Ming Tombs ( 13 tombs in Ming Dynasty )
- Hutong Pedicab Tour ( Shichahai Area )
- Lama Temple (Yonghegong)